* excellence in research
* a comprehensive choice of topics in internationally recognized research groups
* supervision by PhD-Project-Committees comprised of three principle investigators
* networking with your peers at PhD-Retreats and PhD-Symposia
* scientific and transferable skills training
* support for external training and conferences
We are looking for outstanding highly-motivated candidates of any nationality, who hold or expect to obtain a Masters degree or a Diplom in Biology or in a related field. Our International PhD Program is conducted entirely in English. To learn more about the Program and the application process see: http://www.mdc-berlin.de/MolNeuro
The Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC) is a leading research institution in the field of Molecular Medicine in Germany. It covers a broad range of research areas including: Function & Dysfunction of the Nervous System, Cardiovascular & Metabolic Diseases, Cancer and Bioinformatics & Systems Biology. In 2007 the MDC and its partners, the Freie Universität (FU) Berlin and the Charité, have established the Helmholtz International Research School Molecular Neurobiology (MolNeuro) to provide state of the art training to elucidate the molecular basis of neurobiological processes.
MolNeuro is a member of the Helmholtz Graduate School `Molecular Cell Biology`- a body of over 200 international PhD students at the MDC that benefit from a structured interdisciplinary PhD training.
Application Deadline : 13 December 2010