The Programme awards fifty (50) scholarships for a two-year M.Sc. degree course in disciplines that enhance development in IDB Least Developed Member Countries such as science, engineering, technology and medicine in academic institutions of IDB member countries. Three (3) of the scholarships have been allocated for statistics and related disciplines such as applied statistics, demography and econometrics.
The applicant must satisfy the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a citizen of any of an IDB Least Developed Member Country (LDMCs ) : Afghanistan, Benin, Burkina Faso, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Palestine, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Togo, Uganda, Yemen.
- Must not be over 30 years of age on the deadline set for the submission of applications;
- Be a B.Sc. graduate in science/technology;
- Be graded above Good in his/her academic career;
- Be nominated by an academic research institution of his/her country;
- Be determined to return home at the end of his/her studies;
- Must not be a recipient of another scholarship;
- Be medically fit and be willing to undergo medical tests after selection.
- Be in possession of a B.Sc. degree or its equivalent in statistics or related disciplines;
- Must have a working experience of at least one year as statistician permanently employed by an institution in a member country;
- Be determined to return home at the end of his/her studies.
The applicant must complete:
- the scholarship application form,
- furnish two (2) passport-size photos,
- copy of passport,
- copy of birth certificate,
- copy of B.Sc. degree and transcripts,
- three letters of reference and an admission letter from an institution in an IDB member country (not in the West)
For more information about M.Sc Scholarship in Science & Technology for IDB Least Developed Member Countries (M.Sc.) please contact:
Islamic Development Bank,
P.O. Box 5925, Jeddah 21432, Saudi Arabia
Tel:+966-2- 646 6833; Fax: +966-2- 646 6887; e-mail:scholar[at]isdb.org