The Department of Economic History offers two positions in the doctoral studies program/Third Level programmes. Within the doctoral studies program it is required that the student formulate and conduct a PhD project and take the required courses, according to an individual study-plan.
The doctoral student’s research should be conducted within the department’s research profiles, see http://www.ekohist.su.se/pub/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=14892. The doctoral student should be permanently involved in the research environment at the department, such as actively participating in seminars and participating in other activities.
Ability to participate in seminars and to teach in Swedish or in English is a requirement. Applicants whose first language is not Swedish has the opportunity to take courses in Swedish. The applicant is expected to have reached a sufficient level of language knowledge to be able to participate in seminars and other activities that are undertaken in Swedish one year after being accepted to the doctoral studies.
A position as a doctoral student requires that the applicant is admitted to the doctoral studies program. To be eligible for doctoral studies the applicant shall fulfill the following requirements:
General entry requirements (according to the HEO)
In order to be eligible for doctoral studies students must have
- completed an academic degree at the Second Level,
- completed courses equivalent to at least 240 Higher Education Credits (HECs), of which 60 HECs at the Second Level, or,
- acquired equivalent knowledge in another way in Sweden or elsewhere.
In order to meet the special entry requirements for Third Level programmes in Economic History, students must fulfil the following three conditions:
- Completed First Level education in Economic History, History with economic-historical specialisation or equivalent education of at least 90 HECs, and completed Second Level education in Economic History, history with economic-historical specialisation or equivalent education of at least 30 HECs, of which at least 15 HECs comprise essay work.
- Completed higher education specialised in theoretical subjects relevant to the Third Level programme comprising another 60 HECs, or equivalent education.
- Sufficient knowledge of English to allow studies of academic literature written in English.
Source : http://www.su.se/english/about/vacancies/phd-studies/two-positions-as-doctoral-student-in-economic-history-1.5087