The Institute of Aerodynamics and Flow Technology at the German Aerospace Center (DLR) in Braunschweig, Germany, offers a PhD student position (TVöD 13/2) for research activities in the field of flow solver developments.
Description of activities:
An internationally recognized junior-scientists group in the C²A²S²E² department of the Institute of Aerodynamics and Flow Technology works on the development of the flow solver PADGE for compressible flows based on discontinuous Galerkin (DG) methods. Currently, the focus is on efficient solver algorithms for discretisations of higher order, on error estimation with respect to aerodynamic force coefficients and on various refinement strategies. Turbulent flows are based on the Reynolds-averaged Navier-Stokes (RANS) equations and the Wilcox-k model.
The PhD candidate will work on the further development of turbulent flow simulations in the PADGE code. The tasks of the PhD candidate include:
- the development of new discretizations of turbulent boundary conditions for the RANS-kÏ‰ equations.
- the analysis of the solution behaviour close to turbulent boundary layers,
- the development of a DG discretization of the RANS-k-SST equations as well as
- the development of a DG discretization of a Reynolds stress model (RSM).
This includes the consideration of special aspects related to discretizations of higher order and local mesh refinement. The new methods shall be applied to realistic aerodynamic test cases.
Parts of these developments could also be worked on in the framework of a diploma or master thesis and could then be continued as PhD thesis.
1. Experience in finite element methods
2. Experience in C++ programming
3. Experience in numeric flow simulation
1. Degree (MSc, MEng or equivalent) in the field of mathematics, scientific computing or aerospace engineering
2. Good knowlegde in computational applied mathematics
3. Basic knowledge in C or C++ programming
4. Basic knowledge in finite element methods
5. Furthermore, we expect the ability to work in a team and good English skills, both spoken and written. The position is limited to 3 years and could be assigned immediately.
Dr. Ralf Hartmann
DLR (German Aerospace Center)
Institute of Aerodynamics and Flow Technology
Tel.: +49 (5 31) 2 95 - 33 31
ANDA SIBUK BEKERJA, INGIN KULIAH S1 S2 S3. Silahkan bergabung dengan:
Jumat, 25 Juni 2010