Gates Cambridge Scholarships are awarded to outstanding students from outside the UK to study at the University of Cambridge. Available for non-UK students of exceptional academic standard, for whom study at Cambridge would be particularly appropriate. Candidates must be admitted to one of the degrees above at Cambridge through the University’s normal admission procedures.
The programme aims to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others. The Gates Cambridge Scholarship is highly competitive international scholarship programme for graduate study and research at the University of Cambridge.
Candidates for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship:
- may be citizens of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- may apply to study any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
- may apply to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study:
- PhD (three year research only degree)
- One-year post-graduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, Diploma, MBA etc.)
- MSc or MLitt (two year research only degree)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies (3 year taught degree)
- must be admitted to one of the degrees above at Cambridge through the University’s normal admission procedures. The Trust does not admit students.
- must be well prepared for the Cambridge course for which they are applying and must meet all of the conditions for admission specified by the University (e.g. academic, English language proficiency, if required, and any other conditions set).
- must be able to show evidence of high academic achievement, leadership potential, social commitment and a good fit with Cambridge.
- who are already studying at Cambridge are only eligible to apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if they are applying for a new course of study (e.g. a one year ‘MPhil only’ student may apply for funding to continue on to the PhD). Candidates already studying at Cambridge who are not applying for a new course of study (e.g. have already started their PhD) are not eligible to be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship.
Apply for a Gates Cambrige Scholarship & admission to the University of Cambridge. Click here
US Citizens – 15 October
Non-US Citizens – 1 December
Information about applying for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship and admission to the University for entry in October 2011 will be available – via the University’s Graduate Studies Prospectus – from June 2010 and applications will open on 1 September 2010.