This PhD project consists of assigning the journeys (an origin-destination matrix) generated by an activity-based transport model to a traffic network (traffic assignment). Traditionally, an `assignment model` is being used for this end. The goal of this research project is to study the existing assignment models and then improving them by means of extra information delivered by the activity-based transport model regarding the journeys made.
The candidate must have affinity with quantitative research- and data-analysis methods and software programming.
Master Civil Engineer, Master Statistics, Master Mathematics, Master Commercial Engineer (in Business Information Systems), Master in the Engineering Sciences, Master Informatics, Master Transportation Sciences, or an equivalent degree. Senior students are also encouraged to apply.
It concerns a PhD scholarship which is situated within the BOF-project `Measuring road safety impacts of traffic policy measures using travel demand models`. The candidate will be appointed for a period of 2x2 years (with an evaluation after 2 years). The starting date can be negotiated.
1. Content job responsibilities:
- Prof. dr. Geert Wets, +32 11 26 91 58, email@example.com
- Prof. dr. Davy Janssens, +32 11 26 91 28, firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Content terms of employment and selection procedure: Jef Vanvoorden, 011-26 80 80, email@example.com
Applicants must use the official application forms
- which are available at the Rectoraat of Hasselt University, Campus Diepenbeek, Agoralaan - building D, B-3590 Diepenbeek (Belgium), phone +32 - 11 - 26 80 10
- or which can be downloaded here pdf-file (http://www.uhasselt.be/download/APengelsUH.pdf) / Word format (http://www.uhasselt.be/download/APengelsUH.doc)
The completed application forms must reach the above mentioned address no later thanJune 4th 2010.
Application by e-mail will only be taken into consideration when sent to the following address:
ANDA SIBUK BEKERJA, INGIN KULIAH S1 S2 S3. Silahkan bergabung dengan:
Selasa, 11 Mei 2010