Info lagi nih, lagi2 buat rekans yang lulusan SMA,
Kali ini beasiswa S1 di korea. Hanya saja beberapa catatan:
1. Program ini mulainya Maret, jadinya kayaknya cuman bisa untuk yang udah lulus sma
2. Saya gak dapet info kapan deadline pendaftarannya, mestinya sih januari ini. Coba hubungi kedutaan korea
Semoga bermanfaat :).
2010 Korean Government Scholarship Program for
International Students for an Undergraduate Course
1. Program Objective
The objective of the Korean Government Scholarship Program for an Undergraduate Course is to provide international students with the opportunity to conduct advanced studies at higher educational institutions in Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between the countries.
2. Total Candidates for Selection: 150 people < Refer to the attachment.2>
※ Only those who hold a citizenship of the countries in the attachment are eligible for the program.
3. Academic Programs
Undergraduate degree courses for four years after successfully completing a one-year Korean Language Training. ※ University transferring is not allowed (e.g. Beginning from the 3rd year is not allowed.)
4. Fields of Study <Refer to the attachment 3>
4-year undergraduate courses which are provided by the universities designated by NIIED
※ Not applicable: International studies where classes are conducted in English, medicine, dentistry, or other fields the study period of which exceeds 4 years (e.g. architecture)
Prospective applicant must meet the following qualification criteria:
(1) Must be a citizen of the country to which scholarships are offered, which is also applied to his/her parents.
※ Applicant must not be a holder of Korean citizenship.
(2) Should be under 25 years of age as of April 1, 2010.
(3) Have an adequate health, both physically and mentally.
※ Persons who are pregnant or having severe illness may not apply.
(4) Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of elementary, middle, high school as of April 1, 2010.
※ Exceptional acceptance for a person who will have finished high school as of September 1, 2010 and who will be able to start his/her bachelor's degree course from March 1,2011 because of his/her excellence in Korean proficiency; in case that the person has level 4 in TOPIK before starting his/her bachelor's degree course)
(5) Possess above 80% (out of 100%) in a grade point average (G.P.A.) of the whole school years of the high school attended or within top 10% among graduates in the same year.
(6) Not at any time have received a Korean government scholarship for his/her undergraduate study before.
(7) Not have enrolled in an undergraduate course in Korea before.
(8) Preferential selection for applicants who are good at Korean or English.
6. Submission of Required Documents
(1) Place of Submission: Korean Embassy (or Consulate) in the country of origin or Korean university that is in charge of recommendation of candidates
(2) Deadline of Submission: The date set by the above institution
(3) Documents to be submitted
① One Completed Application Form (on a prescribed form)
② One NIIED Pledge (on a prescribed form)
③ One Self-introduction Essay (on a prescribed form)
④ One Study Plan (on a prescribed form)
⑤ Two Recommendation Letters (from the applicant's teacher or principal of the school, academic advisor or the relevant chief executive officer of the organization, etc.: on a prescribed form)
⑥ One Personal Medical Assessment (on a prescribed form)
⑦ One Certificate of Health authorized by a doctor (only for candidates who have successfully passed through the selection procedure set by the institution in charge of recommendation of candidates: on a prescribed form)
⑧ One Copy of High School Diploma
⑨ One Copy of High School Grade Transcripts
⑩ One Copy of the Applicant's Passport
⑪ The Certificates of Citizenship of the Applicant and His/Her Parents such as a birth certificate, copy of passport, etc.
⑫ One Copy of a Certificate of Korean or English Proficiency within 2 years from as of April 1, 2010 (if applicable)
① Application should be done through ONLY ONE INSTITUTION in charge of recommendation of qualified candidates. Dual application is to be rejected.
② English Name Spelling in the application form MUST be exactly the same as in the passport.
③ Application form and other program materials are to be filled out either in Korean or in English. And all of the materials should be A4 sized; if smaller, attach the material to an additional A 4 sized paper; if bigger, fold it up to be an A 4 sized one.
④ Regarding a high school grade transcript, it should prove that your academic achievement satisfies 5-(5) above; otherwise, you should submit a certificate issued by the high school, which should include either an official seal of the school or a school principal's signature.
⑤ The documents such as certificates or credentials issued in languages other than Korean or English must include official notarized translation, which is to be put before the original.
⑥ Other documents except the ones written on a form prescribed by NIIED should contain their numbers and names on the top right. (ex.⑧High School Diploma)
⑦ When you submitting the documents to the institution in charge of selection of candidates, the documents should be arranged in the order of the list of the required documents stated above. Each document can be stapled, but all of the documents should be put together using (a) clip(s): do not staple them altogether, or do not put them into a transparent file one by one.
⑧ Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicant.
⑨ Incomplete or incorrect documents are subject to rejection by NIIED.
7. Scholarship Payment
(1) Scholarship Period: April 1, 2010 ~ February 28, 2015
(2) Scholarship Benefits
① Airplane ticket or airfare: The grantees will receive an airplane ticket or be paid an economy class airfare of the shortest route between their country and Korea when they come to Korea, and, thereafter, when they leave Korea after completion of their study.
② Monthly Allowance: 800,000 won per month
③ Tuitions: The full tuition is exempted by NIIED and the entrance fee for the first semester by the host university.
④ Settlement Allowance: 200,000 won upon arrival
⑤ Repatriation Allowance: 100,000 won upon completion of studies
⑥ Korean Language Training Expenses: The full costs up to 1 year (NIIED pays directly to the language training institution)
⑥ Medical Insurance: The grantees will be provided with health insurance for major accidents and illnesses during their scholarship period.
① NIIED does not compensate fees for the domestic travel both in the grantee's country and Korea.
② Airfare for entry into Korea will not be provided to a grantee who already arrived and has been staying in Korea for between the confirmation date of selection of scholarship students and the designated entry due (March 30, 2010).
③ NIIED does not compensate fees for insurance of traveling to and from Korea.
④ The medical fee is to be reimbursed through the insurance company to the grantee after s/he pays first
⑤ Any grantee who gives up his/her study during the scholarship period will not receive airfare and allowance for repatriation except for the cases approved by NIIED such as severance of diplomatic relations, war or other natural disasters.
⑥ Any grantee who quits the program in 3 months after one's entrance into Korea, should refund all scholarship fees (The airfare of arriving Korea, settlement allowance, monthly allowance, Korean language training expenses, etc.).
8. Selection (Application) Procedures
NIIED will announce the year 2010 invitation plan
Mid December., 2009
Check the invitation plan
- List of the countries where scholarships
are available, requirements, application
☞ www.niied.go.kr (NOTICE)
Institutions in charge of recommendation of
qualified candidates (hereafter; IRC) will
announce their selection plan, which may be
different depending on the institutions.
Mid December., 2009
Check IRC's plan
Application deadline, selection procedures set by the relevant IRC, etc.
IRC will select candidates
Submit the application documents and then follow the set directions
IRC will recommend the qualified
candidates to NIIED
January 29, 2010
NIIED will announce the successful
candidates and send them a package which
contains an invitation letter, a guidebook and
other important notes
February 25, 2010
Check the list of successful candidates → Apply for a visa for the entry into Korea
☞ www.niied.go.kr (NOTICE) or IRC → Korean Embassy
IRC will notify NIIED of the grantee' entry itinerary
Early March, 2010
Check the entry itinerary and prepare for the entry into Korea
Grantees will enter Korea
March 25 ~ 30, 2010
Grantees will begin to take a Korean language course
April 1, 2010
Begin to take a Korean language course
9. Other Important things
① Grantees must arrive in Korea by March 30, 2010. In case a grantee does not enter Korea by the date stated above without any special reason, his/her scholarship award will be canceled.
※ Grantees who will have finished high school as of September 1, 2010 and who will be able to start his/her
bachelor's degree course from March 1,2011 because of his/her excellence in Korean proficiency must
arrive in Korea by August 30, 2010.
② Prior to arrival, grantees should acquire some knowledge about the Korean climate, customs, culture, etc.
☞ Useful Websites
▪ Korean Language Study http://www.kosnet.go.kr
▪ Korean Universities http://www.studyinkorea.go.kr
▪ Korean Culture http://korea.net/
▪ The Korean Embassy abroad http://www.mofat.go.kr
▪ Entry & Residence http://immigration.go.kr.
③ Grantees are required to get a visa before arriving in Korea.
※ Visit the Consular section of the Korean embassy or consulate in your country of residence with the invitation letter from NIIED, after being informed of selection as a grantee.
④ Every grantee should read the「Guidebook for GKS - Undergraduate Students」 thoroughly before coming to Korea and keep it for reference while staying in Korea, which will be distributed prior to arriving in Korea.
⑤ The payment of the monthly allowance for the first month after arrival in Korea may be delayed. Therefore, every grantee is advised to bring extra money to cover the living expenses for the period.
① Grantees would reside in a university dormitory.
② The dormitory fee will be deducted out of the monthly allowance by the university.
(3) Korean Language Course
① Duration: April 1, 2010 ~ February 28, 2011
② Institution: At an institution designated by NIIED
- In principle, the grantee is not supposed to leave Korea during Korean language training.
- The grantee must not bring his/her family to Korea during the Korean language training period. And in case that s/he wishes to be accompanied by his/her family after completion of the language course, the whole expenses for it should be borne by him/her.
- The grantee should have a certain level of Korean proficiency after completion of Korean language training; otherwise, scholarship may be cancelled.
(4) Undergraduate Degree Program
① Duration: March 1, 2011 ~ February 28, 2015
- The grantee selected through the recommendation of a university: At the university which has recommended him/her
- The grantee selected through the recommendation of a Korean embassy: At the university to which s/he is admitted. (S/he may apply for admission to a university s/he would like to enter)
- The grantee should make a preparation of the required documents for application for an admission to a university.
- If the grantee is needed to write f the final theses must be written in another foreign language, s/he should submit its summary in Korean.
(5) Cancellation or temporary suspension of Scholarship
① If a grantee is found engaged in any of the following activities during his/her stay in Korea, his/her scholarship will be suspended and then will be disqualified from a grantee position.
- When any documents of the scholarship application has been found false.
- When the grantee is punished by the university or involved in any form of political activity.
- When the grantee has violated the written pledge which s/he has given to NIIED.
- When the grantee has violated the guidelines and regulations set by NIIED.
- When the grantee has been cautioned more than 2 times due to an unexcused absence or a prolonged absence from the Korean language training or the temporary departure without permission or notification
- When the grantee has not earned at least 2/3 of the registered credit courses of the semester.
- When the grantee has not submitted a request for re-enrollment to the university and not notified NIIED of re-enrollment without any proper reasons within one month after the period of 'temporary absence from school' has ended.
- When the grantee has given up one's studies.
- When they refuse to study at the assigned university after s/he finished his/her Korean language course.
② Temporary suspension of scholarship
- After the grantee begins his/her study at undergraduate course, s/he should obtain a proper approval from the university where s/he studies in order to exit Korea for more than 30 days. Neglecting this rule will cause his/her monthly allowance to be cut for the period of absence exceeding 30 days.
- In special cases(e.g. funeral of his/her parents, his/her wedding, treatment of illness, etc.), the grantee may leave Korea for a maximum of 2 weeks after s/he gets the permission from NIIED; the scholarship for the period is not to be paid
- In case that the grantee does not have a certain level of Korean proficiency after completion of Korean language course.
(1) For application & submission of application documents (Refer to the attachment 4)
• The Korean Embassy or Consulate in the country of origin OR Korean universities
(2) For others except for the above: The National Institute for International Education (NIIED)
• Website: http://www.niied.go.kr
- Korean version: 정부초청외국인장학생 – Q&A (or 공지사항)
- English version: Korean Government Scholarship Program – Q&A (or NOTICE)
• Phone: +82-2-3668-1357
• Fax: +82-2-743-4992
• E-mail Address: email@example.com
Attachment 1. Application Forms
2. List of countries where scholarships are available & Quota of scholarships in each country
3. Fields of Study
4. List of institutions in charge of recommendation of candidates
Full-time Undergraduate Student
School of Materials Science and Engineering
Nanyang Technological University