PhD Fellowship in systems biology of human metabolism﻿
The Center of Systems Biology, University of Iceland is looking to recruit a highly motivated PhD students to join a growing effort focusing on systems biology of human metabolism. The research at the CSB UoI focuses on 1) human metabolism and 2) industrial biotechnology. The Center is an interdisciplinary center with the Schools of Medicine, Engineering and Natural Sciences participating.
The CSB UoI aims to characterize human disease using a systems biology approach. This research effort includes on 1) expanding the currently available human metabolic reconstruction, 2) discovery of new functions and pathways in human metabolism using computational and experimental techniques, 3) phenotyping of human cell lines using metabolomic techniques, 4) computational and experimental analysis of metabolic changes associated with disease, and 5) high-throughput drug screening. We use the state-of-the-art computational methods to guide and design human cell culturing experiments as well as metabolomic measurements. These technologies are embedded in a biologically driven research program that aims at systematic understanding of human metabolism, disease manifestation and drug target identification.
* Expansion and refinement of the human metabolic reconstruction.
* Identification of missing metabolic genes using bioinformatics and modeling tools (gap filling)
* Development of cell type specific metabolic models from experimental data and the human metabolic reconstruction.
* Databases and literature mining for genomic information.
* Computational modeling of human metabolism in health and disease.
The project will thus include key technologies used in computational systems biology and bioinformatics.
* Master´s degree (or equivalent) in Bioinformatics, (Molecular) Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or Medicine.
* Strong interest in human biology and computational modeling.
* Basic skills/ experience in programming and statistical data analysis.
* Communication skills and team orientated work.
* Working in a scientifically stimulating, innovative, dynamic, well- equipped, and international surrounding.
* In-depth training in cutting edge technologies used in systems biology.
* Numerous training opportunities in (molecular) biology, systems biology and bioinformatics.
* Initial short-term employment contract for three years.
The position is available immediately. Please send a cover letter, a brief description of research experience and interests, a curriculum vitae and contact information for three references in pdf file form to Professor Ines Thiele ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).
All applications will be answered and applicants will be informed about the appointment when a decision has been made. Salary for the positions will be according to collective wage and salary agreement.
Appointments to the University of Iceland do take into account the Equal Rights Project of the University of Iceland.
INFO, TIPS BEASISWA, FAQ - ADS:
INFO LOWONGAN DI BIDANG MIGAS:
INGIN KELUAR DARI MILIS BEASISWA?
Kirim email kosong ke email@example.comYahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: