Fully-Funded International Research Scholarships (FIRS)
Closing Date: 29 January 2010
Fully funded University International Research Scholarships are available for high quality international students who will be commencing PhD research study in Session 2010-2011 for study in any Faculty at the University of Leeds.
• Applicants MUST first submit a research degree study application form and be in receipt of a University BANNER ID Number to be eligible for a Fully-Funded International Research Scholarship. Applications without a valid University ID Number will be rejected. To apply for a place on a research degree programme, please visit: http://www.leeds.ac.uk/students/apply_research.htm
• These awards are only available to applicants who would be liable to pay academic fees at the full international fee rate;
• Applicants must hold a First Degree at undergraduate level equivalent to at least a UK First Class Honours degree. Applicants should either have graduated with the appropriate First Degree or be in their final year of study;
• Applicants whose first language is not English must meet the University's English Language requirements. Some Schools require a standard of English higher than the University minimum;
• These awards are not open to individuals who have already been awarded a Doctoral degree or equivalent qualification.
These include the following (full information on the regulations will be sent to all successful applicants):
• Awards must be taken up on 1 October 2010;
• The awards are available for new research students undertaking full-time study leading to the degree of PhD. Students who are already registered for PhD research study are excluded from this competition;
• The award will cover full international fees and a maintenance grant of £13,570 per annum. There are no additional allowances for travel or research costs;
• The award will be made for one year in the first instance and renewable for a further period of up to two years, subject to satisfactory academic progress;
• Applicants must live within a reasonable distance of the University of Leeds whilst in receipt of this Scholarship.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
• Applicants must complete all sections of the University Postgraduate Research Scholarship Application Form, using the space provided on the form and with strict observation of any word limits. Attachments are not permitted and all will be disregarded.
• The completed form should be returned to the Postgraduate Scholarships Office, Marjorie & Arnold Ziff Building, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT by no later than 29 January 2010 or by email to email@example.com
APPLICATION PROCEDURE & RESULT
Applications are logged by the Postgraduate Scholarships Office and passed on to the relevant Schools for initial consideration. After a School selection process, recommendations for award are then made at Faculty level and final approval given by the University Scholarships Group. Applicants can expect to be notified of the outcome of their application by the end of March 2010. The University will publish the names of the successful applicants within the University and externally on the University website.
INFO, TIPS BEASISWA, FAQ - ADS:
INFO LOWONGAN DI BIDANG MIGAS:
INGIN KELUAR DARI MILIS BEASISWA?
Kirim email kosong ke firstname.lastname@example.orgYahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: