* Open to all nationalities
* The MSc in Palliative Care is open to UK-based doctors, nurses, and health and social care professionals working with patients with advanced disease. i) You must have a first degree in medicine, nursing, life sciences, social sciences or other approved subject awarded by a United Kingdom university or a recognised overseas university; ii) You must be currently working in palliative care or a related field (clinical or social care, in practice or research) in the United Kingdom; iii) You must have an interest in conducting research into the assessment and management of pain associated with advanced disease (cancer or non-malignant conditions e.g. MS, MND or heart failure).
* Palliative care
* Nursing and midwifery
* Medicine and health related studies
Applications may be submitted from 06-May-2009 until 16-Nov-2009
Information about the funding
Applications are invited for these new scholarships to enable UK-based students with an interest in conducting research into pain to study for the MSc in Palliative Care at King's College London, part-time over two years, commencing January 2010.
Each scholarship will fund the course tuition fees, travel, accommodation and books.
Please apply online and then send the following documentation to us here in the department:
* Your CV
* A letter of support from your current employer
* Personal statement (500-800 words) in support of your application, explaining your reasons for applying, what you hope to gain from the MSc, your ability to complete the programme of study, and your interest in pain research.
Contact at King's
Education & Finance Manager
Department of Palliative Care, Policy & Rehabilitation
King's College London
London SE5 9RJ
Tel +44 207 848 5584
Fax +44 207 848 5517
The Samuel Sebba Trust