Interdisciplinary Ph.D. Position Available in Service Science
The European Research Institute in Service Science (ERISS, http://www.eriss.org), part of the department of Information Management, Tilburg University, The Netherlands, is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated PhD candidate to work on a exceedingly challenging, interdisciplinary research project focusing on modelling and simulating networked service systems, applying theories and models from computer science, information systems, management and business administration.
You will have the opportunity to work in an international environment and collaborate with and visit a number of high-profile researchers from universities and research institutes all over Europe.
The research project focuses on various areas including: analysis and design of interactions between service network partners, simulation of behaviour of network partners and the network, and enactment and management service networks with software services.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
* An excellent Masters degree (avg. over 8/10) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Management or a closely related field.
* Expertise in Operations Management, particularly, service operations management and system dynamics.
* Programming skills in simulation tools (VemSim, IThink) and languages such as Java, PHP, Perl and/or C++.
* Strong formal background (mathematics, system dynamics, etc.).
* Very good communication and writing skills in English.
* Knowledge and experience within the fields of SOA, business process management and (process) simulation, and software modeling and development skills will be highly rated.
* Candidates should be able to work in a collaborative environment with a strong commitment to achieving research excellence.
Interested candidates are requested to send their application by October 16th, 2009 to Alice Kloosterhuis, including:
1. A cover letter describing yourself and your interests.
2. Soft copy of your publications (e.g. master or PhD thesis, conference/workshop/journal papers).
3. Your CV.
4. Your transcripts.
5. Proof of proficiency in English (e.g. TOEFL test or IELTS) if English is not your first language.
This position will remain open until filled.
Ms. Alice Kloosterhuis