Mungkin ada yg tertarik.
Pls circulate this info for interested candidates
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PROSPECTIVE PH.D. STUDENTS at the UNITED ARAB
The United Arab Emirates University announces the establishment of a new
Ph.D. program for qualified Emiratis and a number of expatriate students.
The program will begin Fall 2009 and it is anticipated that up to 20
students will be admitted this first year.
I. GENERAL INFORMATION
1. All Ph. D. students must be full time students.
2. All Ph.D. students will be supported by a scholarship that will include:
a. A monthly tax free stipend of 10,000 AED
b. University provided furnished housing
c. Health insurance for student, spouse and up to three children
d. Textbooks will be provided
e. Annual round trip air tickets to home country for student, spouse and up
to three children(for expatriate students)
3. Tuition will be charged for the Ph.D. program on a credit hour basis and
all admitted students will be eligible to receive sponsorships of tuition.
Students admitted to the Ph.D. program who do not receive external
sponsorships will be eligible for University sponsorship of tuition charges.
4. The expected duration of the Ph.D. program will be 3-4 years post
Bachelor's degree or 2-3 years post Master's degree
5. The program will consist of at least one year's graduate level course
work, passing of a qualifying examination and successful completion of a
6. The exact nature of a Ph.D. students' program will be prepared by the
host department and approved by the Board of Graduate Research Studies.
7. Fields available for study include all areas currently presented by the
faculties and colleges at UAEU. Discipline field names will be used such as
chemical engineering, physics, history, etc.
II. ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
1. Minimum GPA Expectation:
a. If post Bachelor degree entry - 3.5 out of 4.0 for final 60 credit hours
b. If post Master's degree entry - 3.5 out of 4.0 for Masters Course work.
2. Minimum TOEFL score - 575 expected
3. GRE scores will be considered; GMAT scores for Business will be
considered. These scores are not required but will strengthen the
4. Two letters of recommendation are required
5. After receipt of the completed application form and supporting
information as outlined in the next section, an application proposal will be
prepared by host department and will require the approval of the department
chair and college dean. This proposal will include a statement of personal
goals from the candidate and a description of the proposal program of work.
6. The proposal will be considered by the Board of Graduate Research Studies
and a recommendation made to the Provost who will make the final decision as
to acceptance into the program.
7. Each of the following will be considered in reaching a decision whether
or not to approve enrollment and the proposed course of study:
a. Candidates suitability, academic achievements and potential
b. Suitability and research record of supervisor and, if applicable,
c. Suitability and research record of thesis advisory committee membership
d. Department facilities or their equivalent
e. Proposed coursework, including learning outcome goals
f. Proposed thesis topic or general area of research(exact topic may be
g. Eligibility and admission to the Ph.D. program are independent of the
applicant's tuition sponsorship.
III. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
1. Candidate must complete and submit the online application form that may
be found at www.uaeu.ac.ae/PhD
2. Candidate must have official transcripts of all university work sent
directly from the appropriate universities to Office of Admissions, UAE
University, P.O. Box 17555, United Arab Emirates(use of express mail
3. Official score reports of the TOEFL, (GRE and/or GMAT) should be sent to:
Office of Admissions, UAE University, P.O. Box 17555, United Arab Emirates.
4. Two letters of recommendation should be sent to UAE University, P.O. Box
17555, Office of Admissions, United Arab Emirates.
5. Selected candidates may be invited to UAEU for an interview. Some
candidates may be interviewed via a video conferencing system.
6. Applicants are urged to contact the college and/or the department in
which they would like to study and discuss their application.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the following individuals for further
information about specific areas:
. College of Business and Economics
Professor David Graf, Dean
. College of Education
Dr. Abdulla Al-Za'abi Assistant Dean for Research and Graduate Studies
. College of Engineering
Dr. Ali Almarzouqi, Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies
. College of Law
Dr. Shadi Murtada
. College Humanities and Social Sciences
Dr. Ateeq Jakka, Assistant Dean for Research
. College of Science
Dr. Abdulmajeed Saif M. Al-Khajah, Assistant Dean for Research
. College of Food and Agriculture
Professor Ghaleb Hadrami, Dean
. College of Information Technology
Dr. Boumediene Belkhouche, Associate Dean
. College of Medicine
Prof. Mohamed Yousef Hasan, Vice Dean
Mechanical Engineering Department
King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.5.339 / Virus Database: 270.12.66/2172 - Release Date: 06/13/09
INFO, TIPS BEASISWA, FAQ - ADS:
INFO LOWONGAN DI BIDANG MIGAS:
INGIN KELUAR DARI MILIS BEASISWA?
Kirim email kosong ke firstname.lastname@example.orgYahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: